Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS) Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Current or former client of services.
- Meet one of the following requirements:
– Have had a serious mental illness and/or addiction disorder, which meets the federal definition and received treatment for it;
– Self-identify as a current or former client of mental health treatment and/or addiction treatment; or
– Self-identify as having a serious mental illness and a substance use disorder and be in dual recovery.
- All candidates must complete two weeks (46 hours) of intensive training through one of our approved providers.
- Pay for and pass IC&RC Exam.