Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC) to Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (AADC) Upgrade Requirements
- Already possess the ADC certification level.
- Provide documentation of four (4) years full time or 8,000 hours of experience in the AADC Domains
within the previous five years.
- Submit official transcript showing completion of a master’s degree in a human services field.
- Passing score on the IC&RC AADC written exam.
- Submit an Evaluator’s Statement that has been completed by a Clinical Supervisor who has evaluated counselor’s
work while counselor was an ADC.
- Document 60 hours (15 in each domain) of clinical supervision that has occurred within the last two years.
- Submit a signed affirmation of adherence to the APSC Code of Ethics.
- Make payment of upgrade fee.