Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC) to Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (AADC) Upgrade Requirements
Membership in APSC/NAADAC is not required to become certified; however, you do receive a significant amount of savings discount if you are an APSC/NAADAC member. To join, visit https://www.naadac.org/join-or-renew.
- Already possess the ADC certification level.
- Provide documentation of four (4) years full time or 8,000 hours of experience in the AADC Domains
within the previous five years.
- Submit official transcript showing completion of a master’s degree in a human services field.
- Passing score on the IC&RC AADC written exam. Exam Costs: $150 for members, $175 for non-members. Visit here for information about IC&RC Examinations.
- Submit an Evaluator’s Statement that has been completed by a Clinical Supervisor who has evaluated counselor’s
work while counselor was an ADC.
- Document 60 hours (15 in each domain) of clinical supervision that has occurred within the last two years.
- Submit a signed affirmation of adherence to the APSC Code of Ethics.
- Make payment of upgrade fee.