The Phoenix Center ensures a DEI, trauma informed and responsive work environment, demonstrated in 5 core values: safety, trustworthiness, choice, collaboration, and empowerment.
- Residential Addiction Counselor
- Bilingual Addiction Counselor
- Assessment Addiction Counselor
- PT IOP Addiction Counselor (evenings)
- Residential Client Care/Med Tech
- Adolescent Addiction Counselor (Bridge Program)
- Prevention Specialist
Please apply online: http://www.phoenixcenter.org/employment-opportunities.php or contact Shawn Tobin, HR Director for further information firstname.lastname@example.org
Phoenix Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information visit our website: http://www.phoenixcenter.org/
The Office of Solicitor, Twelfth Judicial Circuit (Florence, SC) seeks a licensed counselor to manage services, offer counseling and case management for clients ordered into Drug Court. Clients (adult and juvenile) may require diversified counseling for addiction, behavioral and /or emotional mental health issues. An ideal candidate would share in our vision of one day, expanding services to include Mental Health Court and Veteran’s Court.
Please submit resume’s to Jack Greenan.
Overview of Position: This position is intended to provide outpatient mental health treatment as requested. It requires interaction with referring providers, participating in team meetings, when appropriate and requested, and offering education and support to the community. The counselor may be required to work alternate hours to meet the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers.
Location: HopeHealth, Inc. – Kingstree, SC
Qualifications: The Behavioral Health Counselor shall possess at minimum a Master’s Degree in clinical social work or counseling. Must have current South Carolina licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
Knowledge/Skills: Must possess a demonstrated ability to be a flexible and resilient team player and must exhibit initiative. Multicultural competency in working with minority populations, including the medically and socially underserved, is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completion of screenings and assessments, including diagnostic and mental status exams, using the appropriate clinical tools, clinical interviews, and collateral information from other sources to assist in determining treatment needs.
- As part of the clinical team approach, will be involved with opening/closing of cases and formulating treatment strategies. Will provide a variety of mental health treatment modalities, including behavioral modification, group, family, and individual therapy.
- Collaborate, support, and closely coordinate behavioral health care among patient, primary care provider, consulting psychiatrist or other specialists, and external behavioral health services.
- Implement treatment plans with the patient, working together to accomplish realistic, identified, and agreed upon goals, and with frequent monitoring and face-to-face interactions with the patient. Follow up with patients to ensure patient retention and compliance with treatments, including following up with those who miss appointments.
- Must be experienced in effective, evidence-based treatment approaches, such as cognitive behavioral, dialectical behavior therapy, short-term crisis intervention, solution-focused therapy, and motivational interviewing. Must have a working familiarity with substance abuse treatment modalities.
- Will provide consultation services as requested and approved by supervisory staff.
- Advocate for patients’ best interests. Position may be required to provide testimony in court and prepare court reports in accordance with the confidentiality requirements of the state, agency, and federal statutes.
- Provide case management services, such as linking patients with other needed resources/services, including more intensive psychological support services if needed.
- Maintain appropriate records, progress notes, treatment plans, assessment forms, and billing records for all encounters. Documentation of assessment and service delivery to be completed in the electronic health record within 24 hours of service delivery.
- Maintain networking relationship with community services providers, representing the behavioral health program. Attend trainings, in-services and community meetings to assure professional growth and provide for coordination of services within the community.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding privileged administrative and patient information in a professional manner. Adhere to ethical standards of the field and all relevant guidelines and legal regulations.
- Participate in Performance Improvement Activities as assigned.
- Participate in provider team meetings and other relevant meetings and trainings, as needed.
- Participate in ongoing monitoring and revision of program model based on data management and best practice strategies.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein as assigned, including attending team huddles and staff meetings, coordinating with other community agencies and programs, and participating in departmental outreach and development activities.
- Responsible for understanding and following established safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and participating in all aspects of the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Builds a positive work environment by working cooperatively within department and with other areas through teamwork, interpersonal skills, and personal improvement/initiative.
- Daily duties will be scheduled by the supervisor with approval from the Director of Behavioral Health. Desired changes or scheduled leave will be provided for supervisor review and approval. Changes in scheduling will then occur by supervisor / Director communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone. Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person and over the telephone. Vision: Visual acuity adequately to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens. Other: Requires occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 10 pounds unassisted in normal daily activities and up to 30 lbs. for other required work activities. Additionally, requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements (especially if keyboarding and writing), standing, walking, squatting, and sitting, with some lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work schedule.
Has employment opportunities. See more details here.